CubeSat Electrical Power System "EPS"CubeSat Solar Panels & Power Systems
Electrical Power System “EPS”
Basic Price € 3000
NanoAvionics Power Supply System EPSL (low power 23 Wh configuration) or EPSH (high power 69 Wh configuration) is a high efficiency maximum power point tracking power supply with a fail-safety mechanism and coarse sun sensing function.
Input from the solar panels is converted into battery voltage providing highest efficiency even in low light or highly dynamic environments such as when the satellite is spinning.
In case of a microcontroller malfunction, EPS fail-safe design allows switching to emergency mode while keeping the selected emergency channels on.
Coarse attitude acquisition with the accuracy of ± 20° is enabled by tracking solar panel power input characteristics.
Nevertheless, power supply has its own watchdog timer which resets the microcontroller if any faults occur.
NanoAvionics EPS employs International Space Station safety compatible high performance batteries allowing access to any launcher worldwide.
- Full voltage and current monitoring
- Battery cells balancing
- Configurable thermal control system
- Input Under-voltage, Over-voltage protection
- Battery Under-voltage, Over-voltage, Over-current protection
- Remove-Before-Flight and Kill Switch pin connection
- Supported data interfaces: CAN, SPI, UART, I2C with CSP protocol support
- Configuration interface: USB, UART
- Compatible with PC-104
- Enables solar panels to work as coarse sun sensors with ± 20° accuracy
- Fail-safe design: in case of total microcontroller malfunction EPS will go to emergency mode and selected emergency channels will keep satellite operational
- Dimensions: 92.9 mm x 89.3 mm x 25 mm
- Standard battery (EPSL): 2 cells, 7.4 V, 3200 mAh, 23 Wh
- Extended battery pack (EPSH): 4 cells, 7.4 V, 6400 mAh, 46 Wh
- Temperature range -40 °C to +85 °C
- Mass: 300 g
- IPC-A-610 Class 3 assembly
- Input converter efficiency: > 90 %
- Output converter efficiency: > 90 %
- Power consumption: TBD
- 4 regulated voltage rails: 3.3 V; 5 V; (3 V – 18V configurable)
- Outputs (Over-current protected):
- 10 regulated configurable – 3.3 V / 5 V / 3V – 18 V
- Unregulated Over-current protected with switch: battery voltage 6.4 V – 8.4 V
- Max channel output current: 3 A
- Max 3.3 V rail output: 20 W
- Max 5 V rail output: 20 W
- Max 3-18 V rail output: 20 W
- Max unregulated output: 25 W
- Max total output power for standard battery back (2 cells): 25 W
- Max total output with extended battery pack (2 + 4 cells): 75 W
4 MPPT converters (8 channels) with integrated ideal blocking diodes
Voltage: 2.5 – 18 V
Max input power per converter: 25 W
Max charging power for standard battery (2 cells): 10 W
Max charging power with extended battery pack (4 cells): 30 W